- This classes and events has passed.
Double Weave Experience (4 Harness): July 21 and August 4
July 21, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$125.00
Double Weave Experience
Included for Double Weave Class
- 30 minute private planning meeting (scheduled before July 21)
- 6 hours class time with instructor
- Use of a 4-harness loom (let us know if you would prefer to use your own loom)
- Lunch provided both days from 12 PM to 1 PM
- 15% discount on yarn purchases for project
- 10% discount on loom and equipment purchases during the duration of the class
Double Weave Technique
Double weave is an advanced weaving technique which has several different applications to create some impressive projects. With double weave, you weave two layers of fabric at the same time. The pattern of the throws and number of shuttles used will differentiate the outcome of your creation. This technique is a great way to weave a project double the width of your loom, create a seamless bag ready to use off the loom, or create pillow coverings to spice up the decor in your living room. These are just a couple of the endless project ideas.
When weaving the two layers of fabric, each layer is threaded through every other shaft. This cuts the number of shafts available for pattern work to be cut in half. For 4-harness looms, a simple twill is the available pattern for both layers. With an 8-harness loom, 4 shafts are available for pattern work; therefore, weaving a double weave on an 8-harness allows you to still do 4-shaft patterns.