The beautiful Water’s Edge Scarf is sure to impress, with it’s lacy edge and subtle color changes. This beautiful scarf has the look of a true designer accessory. It’s also a fun pattern for expanding your lace skills. Choose from two different colorways to create a scarf that fits your wardrobe and mood.
The Water’s Edge Scarf uses a provisional cast-on and a simple lace pattern for the lace edges. The body of the scarf is knit with three colors that transition into each other gradually to form a subtle pattern in the body of the scarf. This pattern was designed for Lambspun by Tiina Mitchell.
Did you know?
The provisional cast-on technique keeps cast-on stitches “live” so they can be knit later to add an edging or additional length. The initial cast-on is done using waste yarn that will later be removed to reveal live stitches that can be used to begin knitting in the opposite direction or to facilitate grafting. For this scarf, the provisional cast-on is used to create one of the lace edges of the scarf after knitting the body.
Water’s Edge Scarf Kit
- Level: Advanced Beginner
- Size: one-size
- Finished measurement: 12″ x 60″ (blocked)
- Gauge is not critical for this project.
Included in the kit:
- 3.5 oz Pacha Silk/Mohair/Wool Blend and 2.5 oz Lambspun hand-dyed Rainbow Prism yarns
- Lambspun pattern (instructions for the lace edging are both charted and written)
- Needles: US Size 3-4 needles (Not included in the kit but available from Lambspun.)
Click here to see more Lambspun kits that are available from this website.